Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Daily Vignettes: # 1 Meds & Alcohol

I wish I could find the perfect story to illustrate why this job is such a trial. I guess it’s not so much any one, single thing as the accumulation of episodes like the following. I’ll give you three vignettes, each increasing in length, and ending – thank god – with a life lesson. Ha! (Since I’m posting all three at once, I’m also posting backwards so you can more easily read them in order. Hope that doesn’t blow your mind!)

# 1 Meds & Alcohol - Do Not Mix!
Walked into the clinic this morning and the office manager’s office – which patients must walk by on their way into and out of the clinic – is stacked hip-high on two walls with cases of beer and wine. I understand she’s planning the Grand Opening party for the new location tomorrow, yet I’m hesitant to deem this appropriate alcohol storage at a medical clinic.

No comments:

Post a Comment