I went to a gym today to find out about membership. I knew, walking in, that I was about to get my socks enthused off - you know how cheery and confident those places are. And it's sort of like buying a car: they hate for you to walk out the door without a purchase. Fortunately, I had the I'm-on-my-lunchbreak excuse, so I kept rushing my enthusiastic salesperson along.
Karyna! (the exclamation point was not on her nametag, but it might as well have been) took all my info ("This is so cool! I'm really glad you're here today!"). Karyna! enthused about my body age - "Because of your great health, your body age is only 3o!!" (Really?? I take such good care of myself that this came as a bit of a disappointment - surely my body is still in its 20's??!) Karyna! walked - or more appropriately, jogged - me through the different fitness plan options.
Best of all, Karyna! was also a high-fiver. As in, "High five! Your BMI rocks!" And also, "High five for getting a great start to the new year!" And finally, when I tried to shake her hand and thank her on my way out, "High five! I don't do handshakes - too formal!"
My body age may be 30, but that experience sure made me feel like a spry granny.
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think I need to start replacing my corporate hand shakes with high fives. Wow!
ReplyDelete